Parachute Consulting will conduct First Aid, CPR and AED (Automatic External Defibrillator) training for PACK members, their family and friends. Participants should typically be age 15 and up. Parachute's philosophy is that "there is NO substitute for preparedness, and there is no Plan B when life hangs in the balance. The only reasonable method to avoid catastrophe is preparation." Now is the perfect opportunity to learn strategies to protect health and life whether at home, at work or outdoors. Parachute Consulting is generously donating their time and expertise to PACK.
You are welcome to bring family members or guests that are not members of PACK. Please advise Barry how many will be in your party. We need to have an accurate head count to provide lunch and staff.
PACKTX > Events
TOP TEN REASONS TO TAKE A
CPR, AED AND FIRST AID CLASS!
10. What kind of marine life should I be concerned about while paddling?
9. How do I know if I am experiencing hypothermia?
8. Is it hot or cold therapy for a sprain? (And, what is a sprain?!)
7. What goes in the mouth of a seizure victim?
6. Should I put butter on a burn?
5. How many compressions and breaths for CPR on an adult?
4. What are the top 4 items that cause fatal choking for children?
3. What items are crucial for my kayak first aid kit?
2. Can I use an AED on a pregnant woman?
1. And the number one reason: What can I do to stay safe on our kayaking adventures??
Don’t forget: Your CPR/AED/First Aid certification is valid for 2 years, and it is the same certification you need to be a soccer coach, a foster parent, a scout leader, a scuba diver, and a good citizen! Learn how to save a life!!
Parachute Consulting CPR, AED and First Aid Course
for Paddling Anglers in Canoes & Kayaks
Saturday, March 29, 8:00 am to 2:30 pm
Sosa Community Center
1414 Wirt Rd.
Houston, TX 77055
2. Welcome / Introduction
3. Risk Factors for Heart Disease
4. Signs and Symptoms of a Heart Attack
5. CPR Training:
- Rescuer Safety: Scene safety, Bloodborne Pathogens, Good Samaritan Legislation
- Adult CPR
- Child CPR
- Infant CPR
- Procedures for Choking Assistance (Adult, Child, Infant)
- Oral Exam of Material
- Participant Practice/Test of Skills
- Question and Answer
6. First Aid Training:
- Trauma / Environmental Emergencies:
· Lifting and Moving Patients
· Fractures, Sprains, Strains, Dislocations, Bruises
· Lacerations, Abrasions, Open wounds
· Hemorrhage Control
· Wound and Soft Tissue Injury Management
· Head and Spinal Injuries
· Electrical Injuries
· Hypothermia / Hyperthermia
· Anaphylactic Shock (Severe Allergic Reaction)
· Bites and Stings
· Marine Life
- Medical Emergencies:
· Diabetic Emergencies
· Emergency Childbirth
· Oral Exam of Material
· Question and Answer
- You will receive National Safety Council certificates and wallet cards with a 2-year tenure upon completion of the course
- Please wear comfortable clothing – you will be demonstrating and practicing skills!
- We will have padding for the floor; if you have ANY reason that you are not able to kneel, we will work with you on a table or taller surface. NO ONE GETS HURT IN OUR COURSES!
- We will have frequent breaks throughout the class; we will break for about 30 minutes for lunch
- All of our Instructors are degreed professionals and EMTs/Paramedics with many years of practical experience. We actually perform these skills – you are in good hands!!
- We want to you to be informed, interested, excited, motivated and happy that you took our class – be ready to ask questions, interact and have FUN! We want you to be prepared and confident.