Trip Initiator: Ken Bement
Expenses/Fees: $60.00/kayak Estimate - Mothership (Captain tip is separate). Settle with Ken
Trip Description: Depart Friday, Dec 3 from the marina at Clark's Bait Camp on 7th Street in Port O'Connor, returning from Rahal Bayou on Sunday, Dec 5. Must be a current PACK member, dues and waiver complete. Note that this is a 3 day/2 night trip.
This is a scouting trip to verify that there is sufficient shell beach to support a full PACK outing in the future. We capped attendance at 8 due to this uncertainty. If you do sign up please be aware of the conditions issue.
Please contact me directly if you would like to attend and I will check.
We will camp out on the existing shell beach seen on satellite images at the western end of Pringle Lake and fish Pringle Lake and surrounding marsh areas.
How to Sign Up: If you want to go, login, click on the "Enroll for this Event?" icon on the top of this page.
How to Get There: We will depart and return to the Marina at Clark'sBait Camp (Off 7th Street, Port O'Connor). Transport will be provided by Captain Van.
MAPS / Photos of Interest:
What to Pack/Bring:
See Standard PACK List for items to consider for any PACK outing
- VHF Radio for communication and emergency contact
- First Aid Kit
- Lunch, Water, snacks
- Kayak Drift Sock
- Anchor and/or Stake-Out Stick
- Foul Weather Gear
REQUIRED READING: Recommended guidelines for participates:
- Make sure trip leader or an officer has your emergency contact
- Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
- If inexperienced, then buddy up. Make sure the trip leader knows your experience level
- Communicate with the trip leader, if you are unsure of your skill level required
- Member dues are current
- Guests are invited to particpate
- Have performed deep water entries
- Carry a first aid kit
- Have a life jacket
- Have a VHF radio
- Inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
- Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.
Recommended for Trip Leaders:
- Insures proper authorizations
- Secure sites
- Prepare emergency preparedness plan
- Keep abreast of weather conditions that might effect the trip
- Point out any potential area hazards
- Maintain a head count
- Have available a first aid kit
- Have a VHF radio
Fishing Options: Pringle Lake/Rahal Bayou to the east, Contee Lake to the southwest, marsh between the two lakes to the south.
(We prefer for you to create a login account on this website so that you can have your name added to the auto register list below. If you don't have a registered login account on this website we can list your name here; please contact the trip leader to request your name to manually added. If you have a login account then use the enroll feature at the top of this page to become part of the auto enroll list below)