Trip Initiator: Ken Bement
Expenses/Fees: $65.00/kayak Estimate - Mothership (Captain tip is separate). Settle with Ken
This is a weekend campout on the beach at Rahal Bayou on the west end of Pringle Lake. The location is on the bay side of Matagorda Island, a bit east of south of Charlie's Bait Camp.
We will depart Friday, June 24, from the docks at the Inn at Clark's on 7th street in Port O'Connor, returning from Rahal Bayou on Sunday, June 26.
Attendees must be a current PACK member, dues and waiver complete.
The enrollment is currently limited to 8 in order to fill 2 transport boats. If there is sufficient interest we can have a 3rd boat trip. If the enrollment is full then please let me know if you would like to attend so that I can get a potential count toward a 3rd boat.
Note that this is a 3 day/2 night trip.
How to Sign Up: If you want to go, login, and click the link below to automatically have your name added to the list.
How to Get There: We will depart from the Inn at Clark's in Port O'Connor. There will likely be a run at 7:00AM and at 9:00AM for the outgoing trip.
MAPS / Photos of Interest:
What to Pack/Bring:
See Standard PACK List for items to consider for any PACK outing
- VHF Radio for communication and emergency contact
- First Aid Kit
- Lunch, Water, snacks
- Kayak Drift Sock
- Anchor and/or Stake-Out Stick
- Foul Weather Gear
REQUIRED READING: Recommended guidelines for participates:
- Make sure trip leader or an officer has your emergency contact
- Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
- If inexperienced, then buddy up. Make sure the trip leader knows your experience level
- Communicate with the trip leader, if you are unsure of your skill level required
- Member dues are current
- Guests are invited to particpate
- Have performed deep water entries
- Carry a first aid kit
- Have a life jacket
- Have a VHF radio
- Inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
- Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.
Recommended for Trip Leaders:
- Insures proper authorizations
- Secure sites
- Prepare emergency preparedness plan
- Keep abreast of weather conditions that might effect the trip
- Point out any potential area hazards
- Maintain a head count
- Have available a first aid kit
- Have a VHF radio
Fishing Options: East, West, North
(We prefer for you to create a login account on this website so that you can have your name added to the auto register list below. If you don't have a registered login account on this website we can list your name here; please contact the trip leader to request your name to manually added. If you have a login account then use the enroll feature at the top of this page to become part of the auto enroll list below)