Trip Initiator: Ryan Woods
Unfortunately I wasn't able to make last year's trip, so I am going to give this another go. This particular area has some of my favorite marshes to fish with lots of oyster that holds some good fish. This day, there should be some good tidal movement in the marsh and the shrimp and baitfish should be hatching in our marshes. The particular marsh I always aim to hit in this region is "The Slop Bowl", which has 3 potential launch points depending on which tide and wind direction we are dealt. The distance to the Slop Bowl is between 1.5 and 2 miles, but there is great fishing along the way. Sunrise is at 6:22, so I plan on launching between 6:00 and 6:10.
* Updates will come as the even gets closer and i have some time to pre-fish
How to Sign Up: (Max Enrollment = 8)
If you want to go, login, and click the link below to automatically have your name added to the list.
**Everyone will be required to have a current signed waiver on file or signed and printed to provide to the trip leader the day of departure. If you are not a PACK/ACA Member please also include $5 per person/per waiver. This is not an option no waiver no trip**
How to Get There:
Take State highway 288 south down to Lake Jackson towards Surfside beach. Once across the bridge, take a left onto Bluewater Highway. Here are some of the links to launch locations (I will announce one as the date approaches):
Dead-Snake Spot (As my family likes to call it)
3rd street launch
Things to Bring:
- Life Jackets are necessary and must be worn at all times! .
- Make sure to bring plenty of lures too. The oysters there are very aggresive and you will likely get hung on the reefs there a time or two.
- VHF Radio - I will be tuned into chanel 69
- First Aid Kit - Oysters are razor sharp, so make sure to bring necesary first aid supplies. If you don't have one, I do, so in case of an emergency, you can radio in or track me down (In the sky blue hobie outback).
- Water and Snacks - Texas summers are brutal (as you already know)
- Bug Spray/Sunscreen
If anyone has fished that area recently, I would love to hear a report and pointers. If you need to call me, my number is 832-760-7732, but I do have class between 7:30 and 3:30, so I porbably cannot answer during these hours.
We prefer for you to create a login account on this website so that you can have your name added to the auto register list below. If you don't have a registered login account on this website we can list your name here; please contact the trip leader to request your name to manually added. If you have a PACK Account, then login and use the [ Enroll for this Event? ] button at the top of this Event Page.
MAPS / Photos of Interest: