Trip Initiator: Ken Bement
Expenses/Fees: $70.00/kayak (Normal $65+$5 distance fee) - Settle with Ken
Mothership Captain tip is separate.
Trip Description: Post trip update - Weather conditions were too windy to make the run to Ayres Bay, so we defaulted to Rahal Bayou. Departure was from Clark's Marina in Port O'Connor.
Depart Saturday, November 5, from Seadrift, TX. The details on the location still to be determined. The return to launch point on Tuesday, November 8. Must be a current PACK member, dues and waiver complete. Note that this is a 4 day/3 night trip.
Ayres Bay is located about 7.5 miles west of the Panther Point location and due south of the Aransas National Wildlife Refuge. Fishing locations include the Second Chain of Islands, Ayres Dugout and the lakes (Big Brundrett Lake) and marsh system associated with Matagorda Island.
Please note that this is a Saturday to Tuesday outing, not a Thursday to Sunday. Still a weekend and 2 weekdays. I am chasing a full moon on Tuesday, Nov 8 which should be a positive influence on fish activity. (I also just noticed that this is election day!! Please take advantage of the early voting or absentee options that are available).
How to Sign Up: If you want to go, login, click on the "Enroll for this Event?" icon on the top of this page.
How to Get There: We will depart and return to the a Seadrift location yet to be determined. ransport will be provided by Captain Van.
MAPS / Photos of Interest:
What to Pack/Bring:
See Standard PACK List for items to consider for any PACK outing
- VHF Radio for communication and emergency contact
- First Aid Kit
- Lunch, Water, snacks
- Kayak Drift Sock
- Anchor and/or Stake-Out Stick
- Foul Weather Gear
REQUIRED READING: Recommended guidelines for participates:
- Make sure trip leader or an officer has your emergency contact
- Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
- If inexperienced, then buddy up. Make sure the trip leader knows your experience level
- Communicate with the trip leader, if you are unsure of your skill level required
- Member dues are current
- Guests are invited to particpate
- Have performed deep water entries
- Carry a first aid kit
- Have a life jacket
- Have a VHF radio
- Inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
- Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.
Recommended for Trip Leaders:
- Insures proper authorizations
- Secure sites
- Prepare emergency preparedness plan
- Keep abreast of weather conditions that might effect the trip
- Point out any potential area hazards
- Maintain a head count
- Have available a first aid kit
- Have a VHF radio
Fishing locations include the Second Chain of Islands, Ayres Dugout and the lakes (Big Brundrett Lake) and marsh system associated with Matagorda Island.
(We prefer for you to create a login account on this website so that you can have your name added to the auto register list below. If you don't have a registered login account on this website we can list your name here; please contact the trip leader to request your name to manually added. If you have a login account then use the enroll feature at the top of this page to become part of the auto enroll list below)