Trip Initiator: Chris Arceneaux
Trip Description: Fish East Matagorda Bay from the local kayak launch, Rawlings Cut or 3-Mile lake from kayak or 4-wheel drive. This is car camping at the LCRA Matagorda Bay Nature Park
They offer RV and tent camping. If you are planning to attend with an RV I ask that you book your own site. I booked and paid for Sites 3 & 4 on the South Loop. Go to the Park's Website for all the maps and information.
Here is the payment plan to me whether you stay 1, 2 or 3 nights, based on the number of participants:
$50 each, unless we get more than 3 campers per site, then the price will drop by $5 ea for each new participant.
Pay me the same day you Enroll for this event:
Chris Arceneaux / 2422 Brookdale Dr. / Kingwood, TX 77339 or Paypal. No pay, we remove your registration. Each pariticipant is responsible for their own Park Entry / Daily Use Fee which is $2/day for > 65; $5/day < 64 years of age.
LCRA Parks Rules
1. Picnicking and camping are allowed only in designated areas on LCRA land.
2. 2 vehicles only allowed at each site. Only licensed vehicles are permitted in the park. Excess vehicles and trailers must park in the overflow area.
3. Please drink responsibly. Public consumption or display of alcohol is prohibited.
4. Open charcoal fires are ony allowed in above-ground device with a spark screen installed covering the fire.
5. Weapons, hunting and trapping are not allowed.
6. Possession or discharge of any kind of fireworks or explosives is prohibited.
7. Swimming is allowed but not within 50 feet of any boat ramp. Swimming is at your own risk; there are no lifeguards. Portable swimming pools or slip slides are prohibited.
8. Protect pets and wildlife by keeping pets on leash in designated camping and picnicking areas; outside designated camping and picnicking areas, pets must be kept under their owner's direct control. Please clean up and properly dispose of all pet waste.
9. Respect quiet hours from 10 p.m. - 6 a.m.
10. Thank you for not littering.
How to Sign Up: Click on the [Enroll for this Event] button on the top left of the page.
How to Get There: Use your favorite Navigation device to get to:
Matagorda Bay Nature Park
6430 Farm to Market Road 2031
Matagorda TX 77457
Phone Number: (979) 863-2603
To drive on the beach you need a Beach Pass. You can buy that at Stanley's Market, which has about everything. There are about 4 restaurants in town. Group meal can be planned.
MAPS / Photos of Interest: