Trip Initiator: Blake Colburn
This trip is to not just to Cedar Lakes but directly to Cedar Lakes 5. We will launch at 6:00 am directly from the bank of Cedar Lakes 5. From there you can fish any of the Cedar Lakes or go directly across into Cow Trap. You will not have to launch off of the ICW by the San Bernard River and head into Cedar Lakes 1 to get to Cedar Lakes 5. This is a very nice short cut. Any lures that you would use in any marsh will work here as well.
How to Sign Up: Click on the "Enroll" tab above to sign up.
If you want to go, login, and click the link below to automatically have your name added to the list.
How to Get There:
* Once you get to Sargent, TX., you will continue to head south on 457.
* Eventually you will pass over a bridge that takes you over the ICW.
* Once over the ICW, you will turn left onto 230 (Canal Dr.).
* From here, you will need to watch your GPS to go down on the paved road until you can't go anymore and you have to drive on the beach.
* Continue driving on the beach until you arrive to the back side of Cedar Lakes 5. Sometimes this area is silted in and other times the tide is high enough to open up this pass from the ocean into Cedar 5 with water. Either way, this is where we will park and launch.
*** Most of the times this back way is 2wd friendly on the beach. On a few occassions you will need a 4wd vehicle. My recommendation is that if you have a 2wd vehicle, follow someone with a 4wd just as a extra layer of protection in case you need to get out of any thick sand.
MAPS / Photos of Interest: