Trip Initiator: Blaine Tamplain
Expenses/Fees: $60 Estimate - Mothership Captain tip is separate / Please pay tip to Capt Van or Blaine Tamplain
To pay for the trip itself you can paypal me https://paypal.me/BlaineTamplain or send check to 20802 Medallion Pointe Drive, Katy, TX 77450. I would like to not have to go into the morning of the trip trying to collect money from everyone if possible.
Trip Description - This area is on Matagorda Island, but not the usual old State Park Campground. That will be a seperate trip. It's like Panther Point, just closer, Google Earth Search "First Chain of Islands, TX" Exact Campsite Coordinates are: 28.292992, -95.600997. If your GPS sends you somewhere else, just search it.
Departing Friday March 26th from Charlie's Bait Camp, returning from Matagorda Island Sunday March 28th. Note that I am setting this up as a 3 day event but Captain Van said he will accomdate if others wish to go out on Thursday. This will be something that will have to be arraniged with him in case I cannot make a 4 day outing. Must be a current PACK member. Dues and Waiver complete. Depending on how many participants will determine how many boats needed. Remember regardless if you go out on Thursday or Friday Captain Van has to return all of us on Sunday. This is shell camping similar to Panther Point. We are trying to stress this year to please try to limit what you bring. The last couple years we have had more and more gear taking up valuable space on the shuttle boats. Less gear makes for faster loading/unloading. We may try to have group meals which will require a few people to bring some additional stuff but that also means others will not need to bring as much food. This will be advised closer to final dates.
How to Sign Up: If you want to go, login, click on the [ Enroll for this Event? ] icon on the top of this page.
How to Get There: Enter Charlies Bait Camp in Seadrift, TX in your navigation device.
MAPS / Photos of Interest:
What to Pack/Bring:
See Standard PACK List for items to consider for any PACK outing
- VHF Radio for communication and emergency contact
- First Aid Kit
- Food, Water, snacks to last 3-4 days
- Anchor and/or Stake-Out Stick
- Foul Weather Gear \ Rain Gear
- Tent and proper camping gear
Everyone will be required to have a current signed waiver on file or signed and printed to provide to the trip leader the day of departure. If you are not a PACK/ACA Member please also include $5 per person/per waiver. This is not an option no waiver no trip
REQUIRED READING: Recommended guidelines for participates:
- Make sure trip leader or an officer has your emergency contact
- Notify the trip leader if you have any potential concerns
- If inexperienced, then buddy up. Make sure the trip leader knows your experience level
- Communicate with the trip leader, if you are unsure of your skill level required
- Member dues are current
- Guests are invited to particpate
- Have performed deep water entries
- Carry a first aid kit
- Have a life jacket
- Have a VHF radio
- Inform the trip leader of your float plan if planning to fish alone or longer then the designated times.
- Sign in and sign out at the launch site. Inform the trip leader if you will be launching in a different place.
Recommended for Trip Leaders:
- Insures proper authorizations
- Secure sites
- Prepare emergency preparedness plan
- Keep abreast of weather conditions that might effect the trip
- Point out any potential area hazards
- Maintain a head count
- Have available a first aid kit
- Have a VHF radio
Fishing Options: East, West, North
(We prefer for you to create a login account on this website so that you can have your name added to the auto register list below. If you don't have a registered login account on this website we can list your name here; please contact the trip leader to request your name to manually added. If you have a PACK Account, then login and use the [ Enroll for this Event? ] button at the top of this Event Page.)